We believe in making a difference every day, whether we are helping a nonprofit accomplish its mission, supporting an entrepreneur’s business vision or assisting a taxpayer in solving a problem. We offer outsourced accounting solutions to nonprofits and businesses to give our clients the bandwidth, strong foundation and expert support when they need it. We work as a team using efficient transaction processes that support remote access and appropriate controls. We provide vital controllership services to ensure the accounts are complete, accurate and in accordance with GAAP. We assist our clients in strategic financial areas such as budget development and financial analysis. We believe in making the language of accounting visible for every client to support confident, informed decisions.
Join A Team Committed to Exceptional. Renner offers opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership—a place to develop your career alongside the future of our firm.
Renner is deeply rooted in the Alexandria community; a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. We help its innovators thrive, celebrate its historical heritage, and savor its unique charms. Alexandria is a lively place to live and work, full of professional opportunities, award winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops, parades, and festivals. For Renner, Alexandria has been home for more than three decades.
Renner has been a pioneer in workplace flexibility for more than 30 years. Flexible schedules are available as well as the opportunity for remote work days. Some in-office presence is needed for onboarding, training and working with your team.
As part of our Outsourced Accounting Services Team, Staff Accountants in this position will:
- Prepare or review weekly transactions
- Record system transactions in QuickBooks
- Assign transactions to appropriate accounts
- Reconcile cash accounts
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation workpapers
- Adjust accounts to accrual basis of accounting
- Prepare monthly financial statements with charts
- Apply professional standards including GAAP and SSARS and
- Participate in client meetings, special projects and other similar services.
- Advance to supervise and review the above activities with experience.
Candidates should have:
- an accounting degree and
- one or more years of accounting experience
The best candidates for this position will have experience with:
- accounts payable
- cash reconciliations
- monthly close account analysis
- CPA firm experience and
- QuickBooks Online experience
Team members who will thrive on the Accounting Services team will have:
- a drive to learn and advance within the accounting services team
- a desire to help clients reach their goals
- a good understanding of accrual basis accounting
- a good aptitude for problem solving
- attention to detail
- the ability to work on multiple engagements
- the ability to stay in communication with team members and
- the ability to succeed in meeting monthly deadlines