Join A Team Committed to Exceptional. Renner offers opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership—a place to develop your career alongside the future of our firm.
Renner is deeply rooted in the Alexandria community; a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. We help its innovators thrive, celebrate its historical heritage, and savor its unique charms. Alexandria is a lively place to live and work, full of professional opportunities, award-winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops, parades, and festivals. For Renner, Alexandria has been home for more than three decades.
Renner has been a pioneer in workplace flexibility for more than 30 years. Flexible schedules are available as well as the opportunity for remote workdays. Some in-office presence is needed for onboarding, training and working with your team.
As part of our Tax Services Team, Tax Staff in this position will:
- Assist business clients with year-end adjustments
- Prepare business returns including partnerships, S Corporations and C Corporations
- Build relationships and interact with clients
- Prepare individual income tax returns with Schedule C, rental properties, depreciation, K-1 income, investment income, itemized deductions, tax credits, state returns, and similar items.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related major
- 1+ years of tax and accounting experience
- CPA candidate
The best candidates for this position will have experience with:
- Knowledge of federal and state tax law related to individuals, businesses, estates, trusts
- Understanding of trial balance adjustments, accrual to cash conversions, and tax journal entries
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- General ledger experience
- Local tax experience
Team members who will thrive on our Tax Services Team will have:
- A drive to learn and advance within the tax services team
- A desire to help clients reach their goals
- A good aptitude for problem solving
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work on multiple engagements
- The ability to stay in communication with team members
- The ability to succeed in meeting tax deadlines