Renner has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Senior Auditor to join its team. Our position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members.
To succeed, qualified candidates may exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate capability to adequately perform audit procedures, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner. Qualified candidates will also be responsible for supervising and training entry level audit staff accountants. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to partake in career development opportunities including coaching, leadership training, and continuing education.
Join A Team Committed to Exceptional. Renner offers opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership—a place to develop your career alongside the future of our firm.
Renner is deeply rooted in the Alexandria community; a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. We help its innovators thrive, celebrate its historical heritage, and savor its unique charms. Alexandria is a lively place to live and work, full of professional opportunities, award winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops, parades, and festivals. For Renner, Alexandria has been home for more than three decades.
Renner has been a pioneer in workplace flexibility for more than 30 years. Flexible schedules are available as well as the opportunity for remote work days. Some in-office presence is needed for onboarding, training and working with your team.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA License preferred, though we will consider candidates actively pursuing their CPA license
The best candidates for this position will have experience with:
- Working in a team environment.
- Supervising and training entry-level audit staff.
- Administrating fieldwork and performing audit procedures within client engagements.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Knowledge of Nonprofit GAAP, Uniform Guidance, Employee Benefit Plans, Government Contracting, and other relevant industry guidance a plus.
- Positively and professionally interacting with clients.
Team members who will thrive on our Audit Services Team will have:
- A drive to continue to learn and expand audit skills
- A self-starter attitude
- A desire to help clients reach their goals
- A good aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to stay in communication with team members
- Ability to succeed in managing deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients through written and oral channels