Renner has a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Audit Staff Accountant to join our team. This position will allow upwardly-mobile professionals a direct opportunity to advance their position and build beneficial relationships with clients and team members.
To succeed, qualified candidates may exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate the capability to actively pursue their career development, exhibit technical proficiency in audit procedures, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner. This position will also provide the right candidates the ability to partake in career development opportunities including coaching and continuing education.
Join A Team Committed to Exceptional. Renner offers opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership—a place to develop your career alongside the future of our firm.
Renner is deeply rooted in the Alexandria community; a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. We help its innovators thrive, celebrate its historical heritage, and savor its unique charms. Alexandria is a lively place to live and work, full of professional opportunities, award winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind shops, parades, and festivals. For Renner, Alexandria has been home for more than three decades.
Renner has been a pioneer in workplace flexibility for more than 30 years. Flexible schedules are available as well as the opportunity for remote work days. Some in-office presence is needed for onboarding, training and working with your team.
As part of our Audit Services Team, Staff Auditors in this position will:
- Prepare concise working papers and financial statements.
- Generate reports which identify areas of significant risk.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of client operations.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time that are within budget and to client’s satisfaction.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage multiple priorities and deliver projects and engagements on time.
- Other duties as necessary
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s in accounting or related field
- 0-3 years of audit experience
The best candidates for this position will have experience with:
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Proactive in researching accounting issues
- Great listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic
- Strong organization and follow-up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meeting important deadlines
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Ability to identify underlying causes of an issue or problem
- Good communication skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to positively and professional interact with clients
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
Team members who will thrive on our Audit Services Team will have:
- A drive to continue to learn and expand audit skills
- A self-starter attitude
- A desire to help clients reach their goals
- A good aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to stay in communication with team members
- Ability to succeed in managing deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients through written and oral channels